Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Have A Cropover!!!

Definition of a cropover - Where a scrapbooker goes to scrapbook for 12+ hours and dedicated himself/herself entirely to huge projects that you are hoping to get done in one sitting. It usually does not happen.

Symptoms of a cropover - By the next morning you are exhausted and can have a bit of a headache but you are still energized because you got something accomplished.

This is me today. I went to a friend's birthday crop (Thanks and Happy Birthday Tyna!) at Scrapbook Art. The crop started at 9 AM. I finally got there at 10:30 AM and stayed until 11:30 PM. So I logged 13 hours of work and play and eating in this frame of time. Fun? YEAH!!!

I was starting to loose steam around 9:30. I had awoken at 4 in the morning and was unable to go to sleep. So I did what every other crazy agent would do. I went into my office and tied up a few loose ends before I headed out for the day. Insane? YEAH!!!

I did accomplish some of my Christmas projects and that is a feat to be proud of. I have undertaken several Christmas Gift projects and am praying to have them all done by Christmas. I have another crop coming up in December on the 7th from 1 PM to 11PM. 10 more dedicated hours to accomplish my goal? YEAH!!!!

I did have a blast hanging out with friends and playing in paper, photos, stickers, embellishmens, etc. I think I am going to have a charity crop in March for Eating Disorders Awareness Month. Giving back to the community? YEAH!!!

I will include details soon of this crop. It will definitely be a comfortable crop and a ton of fun. Who knows? If I get enough interest I may have to make it a 2 day crop. I hope so!!

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, December 02, 2008, Blogger Zaina Marie said…

    Sounds fun. I've finally started scrapbooking with stuff I bought in February of last year. It can be so much fun! I'm looking forward to a scrapbooking weekend in the beginning of March. I may only go one or two days but I hope that will be a lot of fun!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 03, 2008, Blogger Ohio Queen said…

    I am going away to a bed and breakfast weekend crop in February if you are interested in joining. Let me know and I will get you the info.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home