Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Life Lesson: Do NOT upset the wife of an employee who is uprooting her life and family to move 1300 miles away!!

Yesterday was very much a roller coaster day. It had it's ups and downs. Morning started off great with B actually listening to me and doing everything I asked. Weird. Work was running very smoothly and went to lunch with BossMan and TLF (who is my best friend and co-worker). We went to Fujiyama and it was excellent as usual. Day went fairly steady from there until the end of day. Then the call from Mom came in.

Dad's procedure went okay but they found that two of his major arteries had collapsed since the emergency triple bypass in November of 2000. Not good. They had to send him home and will see him in two weeks. Then they will go over better options. Worst part, he cannot be further than 30 minutes from his house until that time. Which means they can't come to see me one more time before moving to Texas.

Went back to Walgreens and they did exchange the Gummi-Vites. A good note in my day. Don't even want to know what was said about me after I left.

Went to volunteer for the last time at The Center for Eating Disorders in Worthington. It was bittersweet to say goodbye to all of the people that I have had the chance to get to know through the support groups and the Group Facilitators.

Talked to E on the way home from volunteering at The Center. We talked over his workday and what was going on for his return trip home to move us out to Texas. This trip along with another business trip that he had to take last week to California will have taken him out of the office for half of the month. Boss J made the comment to E that he really can't afford to have him out of the office that much. After the day that I had that comment was the straw that broke the camel's back. I went off. I asked E if my size 8 1/2's and Boss J's butt needed to have an executive meeting, no memos necessary. E told me to simmer down as he had it under control and they have a plan in place.

Life Lesson: Don't tick off the wife of an employee who is uprooting her life and family to move 1300 miles away. It is not a pretty sight. I am still seething.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005, Blogger -h. said…

    As well you should be.

    It's their fault that they scheduled his travel like this. Your move has been scheduled for HOW LONG now?!? Tell them to suck it up, and deal. As I always say: "A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

    THAAA-WAP

    That's the sound of the pimp hand.

    I'm Rick James, Bitch!

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005, Blogger T.J. said…

    Martini made me do it.

    Come by and say "Hi" that is. I've been reading her for a while now.

    Welcome to the fun.

    Hope the move goes smoothly.

    T.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home