Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Whirlwind Christmas

Or something like that....

Maybe it was more of a Hannukah type Christmas. It started on Wednesday and just kept going on.

On Wednesday, I spent the entire day at home. Why you ask?!?! I had to be here for the delivery of all of my office equipment!! Everything came in three big boxes!!! I was astounded. I opened everything to make sure it shipped okay and then went about my day. It was too overwhelming to really get into at that particular moment. Especially since I am not a techky geek like E.

Later that evening we had FlexiGirl and her family come over to exchange gifts. I got some really cool scrapbooking and cardmaking stuff. I love getting crafty stuff!!

On Thursday I went shopping with my friend KinderTeach. That is her official name. We got the rest of our stocking stuffers and took care of some other stuff. Then we filled in for the sitters for a couple of hours to allow them to complete their shopping. They were very appreciative of it and as a thank you gave us some great candy!! Then we exchanged gifts with the Carr family that evening. We received more fun stuff and a gift certificate for one of my favorite restaurants, O'Charley's.

Then it was on to Bedford. We got there on Saturday afternoon and promptly asked for all of us to go bowling. It was our neice's first time bowling and she really enjoyed it. We ended up going back on Sunday and had my whole family bowl. It was good to see my dad doing something active.

Sunday evening we went to Christmas Mass. It was a nice service and once again we got to put Baby Jesus in his place. Every yeaar I am asked by Father W. to put Baby Jesus outside in the manger after the last mass of the evening. And of course the first time he asked me he said for me to put Baby Jesus in his place. I am more than happy to put anyone in their place. This year I let B put Baby Jesus in the manger. It was sweet to watch him do it.

On to Christmas morning. There were a ton of presents under the tree. The kids enjoyed opening their stuff and were each thrilled with their big gifts. B received a train table and set and my neice got a dollhouse. They aren't spoiled or anything are they?!?!?!

From my parents I got my down comforter and a beuatiful candle holder that is big enough to serve as our headboard. So my bedroom got spoiled. And from my boys I got a toaster/toaster oven combo, a wonderful micro fiber blanket, a new hair dryer and lots of fun little trinkets. And from Sassygurly I got my favorite candles and candleholders and a yoga ball that I have wanted for a while.

All in all, not a bad holiday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home