Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Long Time No Blog

It has been forever since I last blogged. It has been a very up and down month and I will give a quick summary of what is going on.

B's birthday

B had three very great birthday parties. He enjoyed the night at Chuck-E-Cheese with just our little family. He loved the party with his friends on the following Saturday and really enjoyed his party with my family. He loved it so much that he told my brothers ex-wifes mother when she picked up my neice from my brothers house. That was fun for us because her family for the longest time has said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my neice. Hence the autism. Now they realize that there may be a problem. Big shock.

Dad's Injury

At the beginning of the month, my dad fell down the front steps and broke his back. They had to take him away in an ambulance and they feared that there were more things wrong with him. He was released a few days later from the hospital. Ordered to stay on bed rest and work with home health care (who suck, by the way). No travel to Columbus for him anytime soon. From this, they found a mass in his lung. Yesterday he underwent a pet scan to see if he has lung cancer. This has been very hard on me emotionally.

Adelaide's Funeral

My 87 year old cousin passed away on B's birthday. Not a good thing to happen. They had her funeral a week later so we all could be a part of it. It was a mixed emotions type of funeral. The cousins that arranged it had left it pretty generic so it was a basic funeral. Did get to catch up to my other cousins so that was nice.

The Job

My job has been very up and down. Some days are great and others are not so great. But I have managed to have something every week and my manager has been pretty happy with me. I feel like I can be very successful and I love that feeling. We have a few very promising appointments for next week and I am looking forward to it. Also something very exciting may be happening but I cannot spill just yet. But keep those fingers crossed for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home