Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Saturday, February 03, 2007

What Goes Around Comes Around

Boy does that describe my week.....

Last week, my husband and Sassygurly had strep throat. I did my best to stay away and try to avoid the illness but alas it caught up with me.

Thursday morning I woke up to strep throat. Not happy. My throat was killing me, I was overheated and just plain miserable. I had appointments scheduled for later in the week and as a result had to reschedule them. At least they were understanding about it since they all have small children and did not want the illness to go around their house.

Overall, I felt terrible about it. All it did was slow me up this week and I needed to go into the week strong.

Sassygurly ended up taking care of me for the past two days with getting me medicine, ordering me or making me food, buying popsicles for me and just taking care of me in general. It felt weird to have her take care of me because I am usually the one taking care of her. But it was good.

I was a little miffed yesterday at an e-mail that I got from my manager scolding me for the lack of activity for the week. Actually I was heartbroken. I am a person that can throw myself into my work and can get a lot done with a positive attitude. I did inform him immediately that I was down for the next two days due to the need of the antibiotic to go through my body for at least 24 hours and that I would have to reschedule my Thursday and Friday because of it. And I refuse to lie about anything that I do. If I do something, I will show it. If I do not do something, I will not lie and said that I did more than I did. I am way too honest like that but I really rather be on the up and up. Call me ethical...

Hopefully next week will be much better. My life needs to go in a very positive direction and I am doing what I can to get it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home