Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What Happens In Wisconsin Stays In Wisconsin

Or is that Vegas?!?!? Same difference....

Last week I endured a grueling training. They have taken the past class time from two weeks and crunched it down to 4.5 days. We were the test class with this new system and I think it went well. We could have had more included and removed some stuff but since this was a test class I am not too worried.

Here are some of the highlights of the class. Since there is just WAY too much to blog for the five days I was gone.

- Arrived with an easy flight and time to kill. Unpacked and took a nap. Heaven!!

- Met with the other members of the class. There were 12 CPS's and 2 CPM's.

- Class began way too early. Or I am not used to waking up at the crack of dawn.

- Took our professional photos. They all turned out bad. We all had our moment with it.

- Got my per diem money. YEAH!!!

- Learned the quoting system. Not too hard. Pretty easy actually.

- Watched the Buckeyes get spanked by the Gators in the National Championship Game. Put a damper on the rest of the week but had lunch, snacks and drinks bouoght for me since people felt bad.

- Met the Underwriters for personal lines and life insurance. They are wonderfully nice.

- Dealt with computer marital issues with my laptop named Sven. We have issues.

- Got some fabulous referral tips from Krochman in Illinois. Bought him an ice cream for his kindness.

- Went for some wonderful Japanese Steakhouse food with three CPM's. Also enjoyed sushi with them. They were very good to me and helped give me tips on CPS duties.

- Dazed a bit during the marketing session and made a fool out of myself when presented with an additional $200 for co-op money. I stupidly thought that they were taking away my $500 and only giving me $200. So my comment was "That is all I am getting?!?!?!" Then it was explained to me that this was $200 additional for a total of $700. What an idiot I am!!!

- Wrapped up the last day of class with a meeting from our VP of Sales. Nice guy. But we were a bit anxious to go.

- Thanked God that I was on the flight to Minneapolis vs. the flight to Chicago as their flight got cancelled for freezing rain. Instead of calling back to SHO, they rented two cars and went on. Not a brilliant move.

- Ran across the Minneapolis airport to get on the plane and wait ONE HOUR for the take off. There was a distruaght woman on the plane that kept freaking out and did not speak one word of English. Then there was a mechanical problem. Thank Sassygurly for my iPod b/c that helped my sanity during that time.

- Met my boys at the airport. My little one greeted me with a dozen roses behind his back. I was shocked!! But very pleasantly surprised.

All in all it was a very good trip. Now on to the hard part. Actually doing the job.