Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Friday, December 26, 2008

Another Christmas Over

And we have the mess to show for it!!

It is always fun to open your gifts and to play with your gifts but it is such a pain in the butt to clean everything up. I am not a big housecleaning type anyway so this is not a joyous thing at all.

I have the rest of the year off to enjoy some peace and time with B on his winter break. We will have fun playing with all of the new toys we each got.

Easy breakdown. I got a bunch of scrapbooking stuff that I wanted, E got a bunch of R/C stuff he wanted and B got a bunch of Bakugan stuff that he wanted. Overall, that was successful. The best gifts were the homemade gifts that we had given and received. I made scrapbook calendars for my husband, my mom, my brother and his girlfriend along with making blankets for my husband, my dad and my brothers girlfriend. They all loved them and I was very pleased. I can honestly say that it was worth the blood, sweat and tears that went into each project. My brother made his infamous truffles for all of us and his girlfriend made us each something special. She makes signs that can be displayed. She made one for my son and one for us. She also designed special cups for us that reflect our personalities. They were super cute. I will post some pics when I finally get them up on the computer.

Now on to planning some fun activities for the week and planning for the new year. I have lots and lots of cleaning and organizing to do so this will be a big undertaking but it will be worth it when it is all done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home