Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend Insanity

My weekend was entirely crazy but yet very enjoyable at the same time. Here is a brief synopsis:

Friday Night - We were leaving for our camping trip that E and I were chaperoning. I was to leave work at 5:00PM and wouldn't you know that my 4:00 appointment didn't show up until 4:30!! I was panicked. I knew that we needed to be out and on the road as fast as we could but yet I had been trying to get this gentleman in for two months for a life insurance policy. I thought we were just going to do the life policy and call it a day. I was wrong. They chose this time to add a vehicle on to his policy and the life appointment. E came by to pick me up from work since his car battery died and he was using my car. We did not get out of the office until 6PM!!! Unbelievable. But the policy purchased counted for two policies. So I was not complaining.

We come home and run around trying to do last minute packing. TeTe decides to come over at this time to ask if we want a dog that was found in our neighborhood last weekend. E has been wanting a dog for a long time, especially for B so he definitely said yes. I was a bit heistant due to the fact that we were about to leave for the trip. But since the urgency was there we took him that night. I could not believe it. In a matter of minutes the dog was over and we were trying to adjust while we were still packing. Talk about a crazy moment. I only had a minor meltdown so I was thrilled. By 8:00PM, we were on the road and ready to camp.

We finally got to the campground at 9:30PM. We didn't know if we would have the chance to set up our tent since it was pitch black but we immediately had three teenagers helping E to get the tent up.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was a camp out chaperoning teenagers? Oops, my bad!!

Anyway, we came in and settled down for a bit. The dog was a hit and so was B. So that was a bonus. Little did I know how valuable this was going to be for me. After socializing for a bit we decided to turn in for the night. B was to stay with my parents, who were also chaperones, and after 10 minutes changed his mind and came bck to us. Not long after that, we heard the rain start. GREAT!! Then the thunder and lightening accompanied it. We were in a really nice rainstorm.

I blame E for this as one of the comments he made to me was "Watch this turn out to be like a National Lampoon vacation!"

Saturday - We woke up to teenagers outside our tent grumbling because ALL of their stuff was soaked. Three of the five tents out got completely drenched. The two that had very minor water was ours and my parents. We were cracking up because they were kind of acting sympathetic towards my parents since they had an older tent (23 years old ot be exact) and theirs held up the best. Some of the campers were ready to go home and we told them to hold off. This could pass. And we were right. The rest of the day it only rained everytime we ate a meal. It held off for the rest of the time. We took advantage of the time to go walking, swimming and to the little General Store. It was fun to get away from it all. B had a blast playing sports with the kids and they loved playing with him too. Technically I could have left B with them and he would have been just fine. But I still kept an eye on him. They wore him out so well he fell asleep at dinner and did not wake up until the next morning. That night we had a campfire and a chance to get connected with God. It was a beautiful night for all.

Sunday - we were awoken to the sound of Jules singing to get everyone up. I asked my mom if we could shoot the rooster and she said we could not but we could get it singing lessons. We got everything packed up in record time and ended with prayers and hugs. It was good. Then back to the real world.

We get home to Sassygurly having massive abdominal pains. She has endometriosis and we were panicked that it was back. She could barely move and was just sobbing on the couch. The decision was made to take her to the hospital. So off to St. Ann's we went. Seven hours later we were finally discharged from the hospital with the diagnosis of an Ovarian Cyst Rupture. She got some medication and we headed out to get back to the family. Then the pain set back in for her. It increased in intensity and we had to take her back to the ER.

The ER was very crowded but luckily they could see her pain and got her back very fast. The doctor offered to give her more pain meds through an IV or a series of shots. She chose to take the IV again. She had a problem with the IV to start with so I was praying they could get the IV on the first try. They did three attempts earlier that day and it was hard. They were able to get it the first time round and gave her what they called the Kidney Stone Cocktail. A short while later she was zoned. It was hysterical. She was feeling no pain and she had no clue what she was doing. I had to give her a recap and it was funny.

We got home at 3:00 AM and the dog decided that would be a great time to get up and wanted to go outside. So I was up and moving. I got to bed at about 4:00AM.

I went to work on less than three hours of sleep. I can't figure out what it was that pulled me through but heck, I do not care. I made it.

The week has already started out crazy. But I will blog later on that.

Night to all.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home