Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Weekend To Remember

This weekend is a weekend worth blogging about.

We had decided a few weeks ago we were going to visit my best friend from college at her home in New Philadelphia. Shan and I go way back with our friendship. I met her in College Orientation class and we just clicked. We graduated in the same summer session and she was the valedictorian. I was tickled that I was one of the people she thanked in her speech on stage in front of the entire graduating class. What an honor!! I was her Maid of Honor in her wedding and she was my Matron of Honor in mine. So we can definitely say that we have a great friendship.

I experienced a lot of firsts with her and her family this weekend. That may not sound like it is possible but it really is.

The first was horseback riding. I have NEVER ridden a horse in my life and she has been riding them for 15 years of her life. I have honestly told her from the get go that we were City Mouse/Country Mouse. At first it was scary for me and I felt like I had absolutely no control. Which is very hard for an OCD personality. But once we headed out for the trail ride it was fine. She even laughed and said that I had on a beauty pageant face but my voice was giving away my fear. That cracked me up and relaxed me even more. We got some good talking done on the trail and by the end of the ride I was very content. It felt good to feel the air and sunshine on my face.

While we were out riding, B was riding a pony! It was his first pony ride and he was loving it. The pony belongs to their son Joey and his name is Honey. It has to be the fattest pony I have ever seen in my life!! Their daughter, Cam, was having issues w/the kids riding the pony and her not on their too. She was too funny. E took pictures and I have yet to download them. But I will post them soon.

The two couples went out for dinner and left the kids with a sitter. It was nice to have that quality adult time. We went to Ravens Wolf Winery and had a ball. I am not a big wine drinker but did partake in a wine tasting. Something I have never done. Shan and I agreed that the best wine was a Blackberry Wine. I liked it so much I bought a bottle. We had a great view out the window and just relaxed and enjoyed each others company.

We ended up leaving early the next morning to get back and get some stuff taken care of. We are converting our dining room into an office and had to get paint and curtains. E and I had a hard time on agreeing on what we liked but in the end we finally agreed and now we have to start work on the new office.

That evening, we decided to go bowling. So E, B, Sassygurly and I headed up to Palace Lanes and played a few games. B is really good at bowling and we were cracking up laughing at him for how he was throwing the ball. He and E are going to do a Superman Bowling League this fall. That will be fun for the two of them.

All in all, a good weekend was had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home