Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I Was Possessed By Jillian Michaels!"

This perhaps had to be the BEST line from reality TV last night!

If you are not aware, one of my guilty pleasures is reality TV. I deal with enough during the week with work and stress that this is one of my stress relievers. I am a competitor at heart and love to watch the competition aspect of it. But I will admit that I love to see what struggles others have to go through in life. Not bad, necessarily but their struggles.

Last night The Biggest Loser and American Idol were on. We DVR'd both of them. We watched The Biggest Loser first. This is my weekly tear jerker as I am inspired by those who do not want to give up and those that want to change their lives for the better. This season half of the duo's were sent home to do it alone for 30 days. Their other half on the ranch have to work harder for the opportunity to bring their partner back in 30 days.

I was extremely aggravated with one of the people there. She is a member of the silver team. When they had to vote the week before I felt that the other woman would have been better to have stayed there. They are best friends and this is a test of their friendship. The silver team woman was giving every excuse in the book and was a pain in the butt. She even drove Bob Harper to the breaking point. Calm, even toned Bob. Poor guy. He dropped more F-bombs than I have ever heard in my life from him! Even Jillian was amazed. While it was hilarious to see his reactions and Jillian's facial expressions I felt bad for him. He is not paid to deal with this. The contestants know that when you go on the show you will be put through the wringer. Shut up and take it. Unfortunately she did not go home. She should have in my opinion. Stupid yellow line.

Did I peak your curiousity? Watch the show for more inspiration and insight then!

American Idol was about the same. But I was in a nit picky mood last night and was extremely disturbed by many things on the show. Call it crazy and judgemental but boy oh boy was it driving me nuts.

First of all, had anyone in the first audition rounds hear of a dentist? Since it is a singing competition you are exposed to the teeth. I am figuring that if you are trying to be on TV, WHITEN YOUR TEETH! There was a lot of yellow going on with the contestants teeth. Also there were a lot of fangs. Two great pointy sharp teeth in the mouth. I have never seen that many fangs in my life. And my husband is obsessed with vampires so you would think that I have seen more. Drove me crazy.

Also, there was a lot of attitude last night. Especially from American Idol Barbie. Little miss thing decided to come into her audition in an Ed Hardy bikini and was a little sass from the very start. One thing I have learned from competition is to NEVER get on the bad side of a judge. It can hurt you in the long run. She was pulling massive attitude with Cara, the new gorgeous judge on panel, and that was just absolutely unacceptable. She got through to the Hollywood round however I do not believe it was on voice, it was on bod. Yes, I have done my share of modeling and being in swimsuit for competition but come on. That was ridiculous. I am positive she will get smacked down in the Hollywood round and I am looking very forward to that.

Now I am back off to work. I am looking at a good appointment today and for January I will take it. I will take anything that will be good. January is always slow and even though I had a great week last week that will not save me this week. Later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home