Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Fun and Funkiness

This weekend proved to be very entertaining and very interesting.

It all started Friday when I went to get my vehicle retitled to Texas. I cried. I actually cried. It was so hard. I know that it sounds so stupid to be upset over my plates being changed from Ohio to Texas but it just broke my heart. It proved that my stint in Texas is almost permanent.

Then, my triumph. I have been battling E's company for some time now over their health insurance benefits. We have been paying almost $700 per month for all three of us. E's portion is $50 per month. That is sick. Way too much to pay for benefits that are CRAP!!! I even went head to head with his boss, now named Enjon. Enjon thought I was doing this to get their business. Hello! I can't offer group medical where I am at. But was VERY fast to defend the jackball that is overcharging for their benefits. Even to the point of saying "If it is between our relationship and paying a few extra thousand dollars, we will pay the extra thousands of dollars." Jackball, you are not paying them the thousands of dollars, we are. All for you to get benefits that suit you. Screw that!
So, after much consideration, we will be doing a month of Short Term Medical and then going on to a MUCH better health plan for individuals. It will be saving us nearly $3,000 per year and we get a bigger tax benefit!!!

On to the weekend. Saturday, E had to go to Defensive Driving Class for the accident he had. This is also known as an "Adult Time Out". B and I cleaned the house a little, played some soccer and had a hot date to McDonald's. It was a blast!!! E then came home and we bought our Halloween pumpkins. The drawback, B fell asleep in the backseat so he was unable to pick out the pumpkin he wanted. We went for a small drive following that to check out some housing developments to see where we want to build. One area we want is perfect but way out of our price range. But it would allow E a year of golf for no charge. Oh well, on goes life.

After a whole day out, I was worn out and not feeling well. So we went home for me to rest and missed the Halloween party that was scheduled. Bummer. But I had absolutely no energy. We asked B if he wanted to go and he said no so I guess we were okay.

Sunday was a challenge. The clocks turn back and childrens clocks stay the same. B was up at 6:30 AM. He wanted me up so he tapped my face with his little finger until I woke up. Then he wanted cartoons. E got to sleep in until 8:30 AM so he was good. We ate breakfast and I crashed on the couch. I needed to get rid of the sickness that was starting to invade my body. It did not stop B from wanting me to wake up to see what he was doing. After three wake up attempts, I finally woke up and joined the rest of society again.

We then went outside to let B play with the soccer ball and blow bubbles. I got to read a book and enjoy the nice cool air. That was great. We then got motivated again and went to the grocery store to buy colored frosting for the cookies we were making and other food that we needed. Came home and made a home movie of us carving the pumpkins and creating Halloween treats. It was a boring video but I do nto think that my parents will find it all that boring.

Hopefully, the week will be a great one. I am looking forward to Trick or Treat tonight and what may come for the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home