Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, October 24, 2005

It is all a conspiracy

I have decided. The end of last week it was a bad conspiracy. And it was against me!!!

Well, not really. But it sure felt that way!!

I have got to get my car and plates registered here in Texas. One thing about Texas is that there is no State Tax taken out of your paycheck. At first I thought that it was cool. Who wouldn't like more money in your paycheck? Until I saw how the State of Texas nickle and dimes you for EVERYTHING!!!

Take my auto for instance. I need to pay a new resident fee, title fee, new applicant fee, state test fee and a emissions fee. What is the whopping total for all of that?!?!? $210.00. Plus we still need to get our drivers licenses here. I still believe that in order to have your Texas license you need a lombodomy. The only benefit I have found with having to get your Texas license is that you get to rent more books from the library. WOW (insert dripping with sarcasm here)!!

I know that I should not complain as it is higher in other states. But I went from my tags being a whopping $43 to this? Not my choice of fun. Plus, Eric's tags come up in November. Cost is $73. Still $30 more than Ohio. Very depressing.

Cable TV here is ridiculous also. We have where it is a monopoly. We have no choice but to use one provider. It is so sad because they can get away with treating you like dirt and it does not matter. You have no other cable company to choose from. Guess what? The monopoly has been lifted and starting in a few months, there will be choices. YEEHAA!!!

Then came Thursaday last week. School pictures came in. These are not the same crappy photos that we got from school. This is where the professional photographer comes in and dresses them in all different types of outfits. B was in a tuxedo, cowboy outfit, army beret gear and airplane bomber jacket outfit. All WAY too adorable. Except the tuxedo one. B looked like the Quizno baby head in the outfit. And the cost was big. But you could not pass it up. Pictures were already printed and they would destroy them if not purchased. I did tell the company that did the photos that they chose the absolute worst time to come back for payment as most normal people got paid on the 15th and end of month. I don't think she appreciated it but did offer to hold a check until after payday. So had to do the good mommy thing and buy the photos.

I say, it is all a conspiracy to make you spend money that you do not have.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 24, 2005, Blogger -h. said…

    it's like those rat bastards from picture people. They suck. You love the photos 90% of the time and you can't bear the thought of them getting thrown out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home