Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Long Live Wal-Mart

I have yet another reason to love Wal-Mart.

On Monday I had had HAD to get my hair cut. I could not stand it any longer. So I went searching for a place that was not going to cost me an arm and a leg to chop and highlight my hair. Every place I had called said it would be a minimum $100 for everything. Not in my budget this time.

I went to the first place. They were closed. I went to another place. They had one older man working there and a bunch of people waiting. Left there and went to the next place. It was 6:15 PM. They were closing at 7 PM. They refused to take me because there were two other gentlemen in front of me. After a dirty look I went to the last resort. Wal-Mart's hair salon.

All I was thinking to myself was "I hope I did not make a huge mistake.". The girl asked what I was there for. I told her and she hesitated. At this point it was 6:30 PM and they closed at 9 PM. At that point I was tired and cranky. I asked her "Exactly how long DOES it take to highlight and cut hair?" She looked at the clock again and asked if I could wait 15 minutes for her. Done.

I had a seat and looked through a Victoria's Secret catalog. When she took me I panicked a little but not noticeably. She went ahead and did the highlighting with foils and something called Kaliedoscope coloring. It looks blue but is guaranteed to dye to the color you wish and not look brassy. She went ahead and I started to relax. Went under the hair dryer and when she went to wash everything out everything turned out excellent!! I was thrilled.

At that point I felt daring. We went with the Eva Longorio style with sweep bangs and framing around the face. It turned out wonderful.

E is still getting used to it. But I kept the length so he was a happy man.

Wal-Mart once again was my savior!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home