Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

All Is Good With A Hot Bubble Bath

The past few days have been extremely stressful. Main part of the stress. MONEY!!!

I will be shorted two days pay over the next two checks. And I discovered today that the next two check are for 10 days, not 11 days. So technically, I will be shorted two days per check. Bills will be even tighter to pay and not fully possible. I have got to get a second job.

E and I started clashing on the work/family issue. He has become used to working extra time since we were in Ohio and he was here in Texas. I felt that I had fallen back into the single mommy role again and that was not acceptable. If that was going to happen then why did we even bother to move here? It was pointless. So, we had our discussion and reminded him of what Martini passed along to me. She has a sign in her office to remind her "Family First". It is easy to forget that when you get wrapped up in work. Are you working for your family or is work working you? I brought up that we need the Family First, Job Next. We don't want it that is states Job First, Family moves back to Ohio.

He worked to partly resolve that. He returned home last night, made dinner for us, spent quality time and put B to bed. Then we drew a hot Jacuzzi bath to finish our family discussion in a relaxed atmosphere. It worked and we both went to bed fully relaxed. It was worth it.

This morning it continued. He got B up, dressed and took him to school. I had the full morning to get prepared for work and focus on the day ahead of me. Tonight I will pick up B and we will hopefully have another good family evening.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005, Blogger -h. said…

    Tell E that he needs to talk to D. Just in case you were wondering, it's pushing 8:30 and he's still not home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home