Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The things that children pick up on from thier parents...

This weekend was a nice long relaxing weekend that I truly enjoyed. We have not had a three day weekend together in eons and it was just what the doctor ordered.

We went Friday night to get some of the best Chinese I have ever eaten. It is the best in Round Rock and we were thrilled to be referred there by our friend Hollaback Girl. At dinner I received a surprising call. It was from the original Mrs. Int'l 2004. I have not spoken to her since January and was shocked to hear from her that night. She had a rough beginning to this year and she is starting to come back around to being her old self. We chatted for over an hour on the phone with promise to have more time to talk to one another. She is one of the women that I got close to over the week at Mrs. International and am thrilled to call her a friend. She is a dynamic woman!! Came home and received a present from another dynamic woman that I respect. It was my State Director from Ohio! She sent me a lovely card and a present. It was my DVD from Mrs. Ohio 2005 pageant!! I have been waiting on this and was ecstatic to receive it. I also received a lovely earring and necklace set. They are gorgeous. So Friday Night was a Pageant Night!!!

Saturday we took the time to drive around and find more good deals over Austin. We found the Once Upon A Child here. It is a beautiful store but just a little pricier than the ones in Ohio. But the quality is different also. Fair trade. Also had to take care of my scrapbook needs and pick up a few papers. I am in the midst of making a recipe scrapbook and need paper with food on it. Martini will be jealous as I found a page that has martini glasses all over it. Have to find a good martini recipe to go with that one.
Then went on the search for cheap gas. What a laugh!! I will not complain too horribly as prices in LA and GA are around $5 per gallon. But it still does not make me happy.

Sunday was a new experience. We went to the Catholic church here. I came from an amazing Catholic Church in Ohio and am hoping to find one that can compare. This church was not it. We immediately went to the small chapel where small children can be in. It was very crowded and loud. B was an angel. I was so proud of him. He got antsy towards the end but I was happy he lasted as long as he did. We then left and hit Juarez for some breakfast tacos and pastry. It is quick becoming a Sunday tradition. We spent the rest of the day at the house and watched Hollaback Girls kids while she and AC Man took a bike ride. We then invited them for pizza on the Pizzazz. The best kitchen invention ever made next to the Magic Bullet.

Monday was a time for good relaxation and time to give back. We did some housework and searched through our clothes and toiletries to see what we could donate for Hurricane Katrina Relief. We are being hit hard for donations as we have people here from the Hurricane. We all chipped in and have about four boxes full. We will drop them off tonight. B is even donating toys. Not by his own will but by our letting him know that there are other little kids who lost all of their toys and they would like something to play with. As a result we were able to get rid of the last of the Witch-In-Laws toys. I am thrilled.

And on my own personal pride. I got E to do some low impact aerobics with me. He needs to get into shape and I want to tone up a bit. So he agreed to do it with me. So there we were in the living room doing a Jenny Craig workout tape. As he builds more endurance we are going to advance to the next set of tapes. If we do it at least for a half an hour a day we should see some results.

And for the piece de le resistance.... This is what B uncorked on me yesterday as we were putting him to bed.

TexasQueen - "Did you go potty?"
B - "No."
TexasQueen - "I want you to go potty before you go to bed!"
B - "I want a million dollars!"

I knew that the phrase would come back to bite me soon. I didn't realize it would come back at the ripe old age of three.

My phrase usuallys ends with "I want a million dollars. Looks like we are not getting what we want right away!"

Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home