Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Melting Pot and Car Wrecks

Okay. We have had our share of fun stuff to happen. Here is the good and not so good of it all.

Tuesday night we celebrated our 6th anniversary. FINALLY!!! We asked Hollaback Girl to keep B for us. In exchange, we take their kids while she and AC Man take a bike ride. She is loving it!!!

We went to the Melting Pot. For anyone who has not been there it is a fondue restaurant that is FABULOUS!!!! The waiter we had was amazing and the food was not the only thing that was cooking! Sparks were flying with E and I and we had a wonderful night. And the food was great too. ;)

Picked up B and went home. Put him to bed and had a comfortable night together.

Next morning went well until about 7:30 AM. Got a call from E. Not sure if it was to say he was at work or that he loved me or what. He sounded upset. He had been in a car accident. He is fine but was so upset about it. Thank goodness I am in Insurance as I handled it very calmly. I am used to this sort of thing and knew what to do. They pulled off to the side of the road and exchanged information. His car is non-driveable. He hit a repo tow truck. No damage to the tow truck but the hood and the radiator are gone on E's car. Dropped B off and went to the scene of the accident.

First thing I did was look at the car. E was in the cop car about 500 feet back. I checked in the front seat to see if he was there and he was not. I figured at that time that he was across the way or in the cop car. Checked to see if the air bags had deployed. They had not. I was thrilled. Part of it meant that the car is not a total. Checked the front of the vehicle and concurred. It had hood damage and front bumper damage. I figured a couple grand worth of damage. Then saw E. He was fine but ticked off about the accident. Talked with the cop who had to be the coolest cop I have ever talked to in my life. I respected him and he respected me. That I like.

Car was towed to the body shop and I drove E over there. Reminded him that the accident could have been a lot worse and told him to be thankful that he is alive. He eventually quieted down about it and we got to the body shop. They concurred that it was salvagable and most likely around $3,000 in damage. I was close.

The only issue we are having now is the insurance company. We have been with them for 5 years and when we moved we stayed with them. I told the agent that I wanted the same coverage as we had in Ohio and he was to do that. Now he is saying that we do not have rental car coverage. I to9ld him look again as he was supposed to have matched my policy in Ohio. He said he will get back to me.

I would hate to do it, but I may need to play the E&O card. He will not like that and he knows that I can do it and know how to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home