Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rockin The World of a Preacher Man

Okay, this is totally blog worthy!!

At work a gentleman was in BossLady's office preaching something about the Bible. Something clicked with what he said and she let him know that she got it. He came around the corner looking all proud about himself and the fact that she understood.

Then he met me.

As he came back around the corner again he started preaching about Born and Raised Catholics and confession. Being a Born and Raised Catholic I popped my head around the corner. BossLady found out earlier that day that I am a Catholic girl. He started on the fact that Catholics are forced to sit in a room for hours at a time and confess to all of their sins. Not true. I last made my confession when I was 11 years old and have not been to confession since. I did let him know that as many people still believe that there are many of the younger generation Catholics that are like me and have not been back to Confession in a while. He went on and on about how we do not have to report to a priest, father, etc. to confess our sins that we only need to report to God. I agreed with that. Then came the whammy.

He said that it is not necessary as the church was built on Peter. Me being me, I just had to do it. It was there and begging to be done.

I said "No it was not, the church was built on the ground."

I think I need to go to Confession to confess that sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home