Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Dining - non Chef Ramsey style

A small dedication to Chef Ramsey of Hell's Kitchen. And you will see why in a minute.

Last night, I took Flexigirl, ALF and KaylaT to a restaurant in Mansfield to meet my parents, brother and niece. I knew that my parents wanted to see me more this week and the only way we could do it was to meet halfway between Columbus and Bedford. After taking a while to get a table for eight we finally sat down, looked over the menu and started to order. It was almost 7 PM by the time that we ordered and the kids were starving. Enough to the point that KaylaT was doing the sign for eating in sign language. And to get her to eat is very difficult. We get our food and my dad points out the plate to me.

He then says "You can tell the difference from a classy restaurant and a not-so-classy restaurant by the plates. Can you guess which this is?" I looked at the plate and there was gravy around the lip of the bowl. All I though to myself was "Boy, would Chef Ramsey be mad!!" With my addition to reality TV, I took a liking to Hell's Kitchen. And I remembered how he would yell at the chefs about "Clean Plates!!!"

As you guessed it, we were in the not-so-classy restaurant.

Which was good for us as my niece had thrown two fits in the restaurant and gave my brother a run for his money. At least ALF and KaylaT were awesome in the restaurant. Guess we starved them enough to behave and eat.

Better news of my night was that my dad looked a lot better. He was on Niacin and the medication was causing symptoms that were warning signs for a heart attack. Profuse sweating, heartburn in throat and stomach, tiredness. All in which he should not have had on the medication. My mom told him not to take it and contacted his doctors who agreed. They want him to try it again in five days. I will support my mom on this with a big HECK NO!!!!

Oh, and to add to highlights of my night. Spoke with E and B last night. B stayed on with me for a good three minutes and was serenaded to "Where is Thumbkin". He learned it in school yesterday and shared it with me.

Talk about a way to touch my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home