Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Austin Experience

This weekend we experienced the Austin Experince. Doing things in Austin that really stand out.

Here are just a few:

1) Going to the mall during tax free weekend. It is where the State of Texas does not charge sales tax on any clothing or shoes for the weekend to allow for Back to School shopping. I believe they do one of these in the spring also. It stunk for me as when we went shopping I was having a bad body day and EVERYTHING looked horrible. And I was hoping to get some skirts!!! I left the mall in tears.

2) Got a massage for $12. It was a 15 minutes massage in the mall and well worth it.

3) Had a breakfast taco. I tried them last week and they were disgusting for me. E thinks they are the most wonderful food creation. It is pretty much a tortilla wrapped around eggs, cheese, and whatever filling you want in it. I tried one on Friday at work when HB got one for me. That one was good. Then the place we went on Saturday did nothing for me. So I introduced E to the place we got ours on Friday. He has found a new place to fall in love with for breakfast tacos.

4) Cruising 6th Street on a Saturday night. Granted, we were down early in the evening but it was still good. Found out that we have a Hard Rock Cafe. Cool!! There was some live music and just a relaxed atmosphere.

That is the basics. We spent the rest of the weekend unpacking some more and letting B play in his pool that was purchased especially for the house in Texas.

Overall, not bad for a weekend. Now off to work!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home