Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A day of firsts and new beginnings

Today was a day unlike any other. So many ups and downs I don't think I could keep up.

First and foremost, my heart and prayers are with Martini and her family. Momma Sue had her EEG and there was no brain activity. Momma Sue did not wish to be living on life support if there was no activity so her family has made the hard decision to remove her from life support and let her go with God. She is having surgery to remove her liver and corneas and they already have people lined up for the transplant. Read Martini's blog for more info. www.greygoosecosmo.com/blog as they have a memorial fund set up in her honor.

I too am very saddened by this news. Momma Sue has had a very large impact on the lives of our family members. My heart breaks for Martini as it is not easy to lose a parent. Especially with how close she was to her mother.

Another first. I started my new job today with BossLady in Texas. I really like her. I am happy as I was a little apprehensive. We will be going over more job details tomorrow. Today was a basic orientation of "Here is where everything is, now go to town." That was fine by me. Just a little nerve-wracking as the screens here and the screen in Ohio are extremely different. Got over that and will have to work through it a little bit at a time.

B had a good day in school. I think that I was more nervous for him going in but he must have done well. So well that he ended up taking two naps today. One during school and one on the ride home. He woke up cranky and once he was fed he was a ball of energy. He didn't tell us a bunch about his day but I will get the skinny on it tomorrow.

Off to bed as I have a full day tomorrow. Sweet dreams!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home