Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, August 22, 2005

A very up and down weekend

This weekend was a very emotional and a roller coaster of a weekend for me.

I will start with Friday night. Got an e-mail from E saying to be dressed nicely and ready to go by 6:15 PM. Asked about how to dress B. Was told that he would be fine with what he is wearing. My guess, we were going someplace nice and E ahd arranged for a babysitter. So I am starting to get excited for a romantic evening ahead of us.

I get home and open the mail. In the mail was an attorney letter for E offering to represent him for a traffic ticket or a minor misdemeanor. I am ticked at this point. At first I am thinking "He didn't get a ticket or a minor violation, I would have known about it". Guess again. I get E on the phone and asked him about it. Seems that he got a ticket two days ago and did not want me to know about it. He was going to take the Defensive Dirving Course that would eliminate the ticket and the raise of cost on auto insurance. I was mad at that point. All it did was add extra dollars to what we already do not have. And we were expected to go out to eat. I don't think so.

E pushed again about us going out. I told him that it was a no. He insisted that we go b/c he has reservations. My reservations about the evening were much higher and I again said no. He kept persisting and I agreed to go but was not comfortable about it. I am a person that needs to feel comfortable when going out. Otherwise I am a mess.

We arrive at a Japanese steakhouse restaurant that E had been to before. We walked in and I immediately was uncomfortable. To the right of me a live band was setting up. I have a really hard time with listening to live music and concentrating on eating. Especially while I am upset. We were seated at a table and I was still uncomfortable. Looked at the menu and the prices and got even more uncomfortable. Asked E how it was going to be taken care of. He told me to not worry about it. I panicked then. I handle all finances and he was taking away the last piece of control that I had. Then at that time B had dropped a bowl and a spoon. The waiters swept right in and picked it up before I had a chance to and took it away. He was playing with them and when they took them away he started crying. I was then begging E to let us leave, I couldn't handle it any longer!! He said that we were fine, that B would calm down. B did calm down but I was long gone by that point. I was ready to go.

I insisted that we either leave all together or I leave on my own and come back to pick him up. E got the hint and asked the waitress that we just be charged for the drinks. She then started giving us some song and dance about the sushi appetizers that we ordered and that she could not cancel the order. As I was ready to tell her where the sushi could go and how it could go there, E stopped me and just said whatever needed to be done had to be done. Then we could not leave without having the manager come over, the chef making a comment and the person at the front commenting. I am proud of myself for not exploding but felt bad for B. He was confused on why we had to leave and started crying. So here we are, B crying, me shook up and E blaming himself for always screwing up. So as E was talking himself down for the next three minutes I finally lost my cool. I started screaming at him to quit putting himself down. I was tired of it and this would not have happened if he would have listened to me in the first place and let me know where the money was coming from for the dinner and understood that the place was making me thoroughly uncomfortable. He finally stopped, B stopped and I calmed down. We then went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner b/c it had a play area and I owed it to B for rocking his evening as bad as I did.

Lesson here: Don't try to hide anything from your wife. When she finds out, the end result is not good.

Saturday was a lot less stressful. We got up to take me to the airport for my flight for Cleveland. It was the first time I have ever flown all by myself. No kid, no husband, no parent, no friend. All me. The flights were good and made my connection in just enough time. Got into Cleveland and went to the rental car area. It went bad from there.

I decided to rent from Thrifty. Was told the amount I needed and I was prepared. Then they started giving me sass about not renting me a car because I did not sign the back of my credit card. I always put See ID Please because I want to avoid ID fraud. It was idiotic. Got a manager over and they said the same thing. So I sign my card and am ready. Then they tell me they are charging me an additional deposit. No dice. I told them that I was not renting with them and walked right to Avis. I got my car and a discount on gas and an additional discount because I am an insurance agent. Extra bonus. Triple bonus miles on my Frequent Flyer Miles. Nice!!

Got to my parents house and had an enjoyable weekend with my mom, dad, brother and niece. It was nice to spend additional time with my dad but I kept thinking "Please God, don't let this be my last time with my dad". That is all that keeps going through my head. I am so scared to lose him but understand that it is a possibility. Left there after a small family clambake and headed to Columbus to stay with Flexigirl. Was greeted by her daughters this morning and they were immediately looking for B. So was my niece this weekend. That was a little hard.

But now on to a week of work in Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home