Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

"Mommy, there is a pickle on your shirt!" and Strep Butt

Only in my life can there be such interesting drama.

Over the past few weeks my son has bleed whenever he has had a bowel movement. Quite disgusting to be discussing but you need to know the story before I continue. Spoke with someone at his old doctors office and they have informed me that he may just have a few tears due to the size of the bowel movement. Have not noticed anymore so I let it go with all the drama of moving. Then on Monday night, it came back again and with a vengence. Then I noticed small bumps across his tummy. Spoke with E about them and he thought that maybe he was bit by either some fire ants or mosquito bites. But it did not look right to me.

Called a new doctors office here in town and got him scheduled for an appointment. Brought him in to see the Nurse Practitioner who ended up bringing in the doctor on his case. Seems that somehow he got strep. They gave a bunch of fancy doctors words for it but in regular human terminology, he has strep butt. The strep virus somehow got to his bottom. I guess you can say that he really gets to the bottom of things. LOL!!!

Prescribed three medications for him and warned us to look for signs in strep for us too. Has to be away from pre school for 24 hours. Great. Just starting the job and have no sick time accrued and now I have to stay home. That is good for the paycheck. Thank God for BossLady. She is in training in Dallas and just told me to take my work laptop home and work from there as we do not wish for HB to bring any type of contact with strep home to her son. We went over a lengthy list of things I can do from home today so I won't lose pay. Now if I can log on to my laptop we will be good.....

Went to the drugstore to get his prescription filled and he was a holy terror. But I guess you would be if your butt hurt. Had a delay on his prescription so they sent us home to return later. Had three more battles with B and was just completely drained and exhausted. We had so many fights on everything you could imagine. Main one being dinner. Finally agreed to what dinner would be, made it and sat down to eat as a family.

E and I finished our meals as he was taking his precious time. We were getting frustrated with correcting his table manners and explaining that there were two places for corn, on his plate or in his mouth. Then his 3 year old logic kicked in. He looks at a shirt I am wearing from an appearance I did last year at the Obetz Zucchinifest and something clicks. He says "Mommy, there is a pickle on your shirt!" True, the zucchini on the shirt looks like a pickle but the fact that it clicked at that time was hilarious. I finally lost it and started laughing.

I guess that you could say my day yesterday was one for the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home