Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Catching Up...

I know that it is Tuesday and I have some serious catching up to do. I can't believe the past few days went by so quickly.

Friday night was Ladies Night!! Yes, I actually had a Ladies Night. With a built in babysitter. I don't know what to do!! Went out with E's Office Manager who will be known as Hollaback Girl and KelsAngel, E's bosses wife. It was my chance to get to know KelsAngel better and I was looking forward to the opportunity. We headed into Downtown Austin where I got to see the State Capital at night (it is beautiful) and go to the Roaring Fork restaurant. The food was fabulous and a tax write off which is even better. We had a wonderful time getting to know each other and offering the babysitting exchange with our children. Nice!

Saturday was a fun time of driving around Austin a little more. Had to go to E's office for a little bit to catch up on some work for him. B and I watched Monsters Inc. while that was going on. Found a designer discount shop for ladies clothes. I am ecstatic. But B was asleep in the backseat and we didn't want to disturb him. So we drove around Hill Country. It is a beautiful area of Austin where the richer folk live. Once B woke up we went to Hobby Lobby. Found a cool candle maker and a ton of scrapbooking stuff. But I still miss JoAnn Etc. Sigh!!! Went home to watch a movie and have some private time with E. Pure bliss~

Sunday I was completely spent. Had no energy to do anything productive. Just lounged around and watched TV and read a book all day long. B was pretty good most of the day until dinner then he was just nasty. Wanted everything his way and was having a fit if it did not go his way. Our last battle was dinner. He didn't want to eat what we made so I told him he could stay at the table until he finished his dinner and excused myself. Kept calling into him every few minutes. Finally got up and checked on him and he was fast asleep at the table. Had a good laugh on that one and took him straight to bed. It was only 6 PM!! He slept until 6:30 AM!!! How crazy!!!

Monday was busy at work with lots of learning and looking to save people some money. It was overall a successful day. Came home to a letter from the Witch-In-Law AKA E's mom. Waiting to see how much of a guilt trip was in the letter and it was not that much. About 20% worth and that is little compared to what it could have been. Ate dinner at home then went out to look at homes in Round Rock. Not looking to purchase right away but wanted to know what was out there. Then went grocery shopping and returned home. B was getting tired and being a pain in the store. Got home and put him to bed. Then talked with Mom regarding my Dad and he is not doing well health wise. He is on a watch and wait. He has three of his arteries collapsing and that is not good. Found out that he has had two mild heart attacks and both were when I was still in Ohio. Not good. We are now on constant alert.

Between Martini's mom and Dad's health, this is not a good year for parents!!!

Only 4 more days and I am in Ohio for a week. I know that my parents and Flexigirl are really looking forward to it! And I can't wait to see them too. Now to find a rental car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home