Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Best Wife I Have Never Had

I will have to say, Flexigirl is the best wife I have never had. I am staying with her while I am working in Ohio this week. Not only did she give me a morning alarm clock via her cell phone she made sure that I ate breakfast yesterday and sent me along my way with a "Have a great day at work!". I arrive back at her house after a busy day at the office and she had dinner ready for me. Made me some beef enchiladas and they were yummy!!

To thank her for allowing me to crash at her place this week I told her to go work out at the Fitness Center while I watched her two daughters. Her husband, CoachMan, is in the beginning of high school football season so she doesn't always get the luxury to get up and go work out at night. She took off after 6 PM and I had the kid patrol.

We had a blast as we played outside, put puzzles together and made some arts & crafts. The littlest was so exhausted by 7:45 PM that I got her ready for bed. CoachMan came home shortly before they went to bed and helped me put the littlest to bed while I got the oldest one to bed. Not bad for a night. To let Coachman wind down and enjoy his dinner I took off in search of some scrapbooking stuff. Found a bunch at Big Lots and purchased them.

Came back to Flexigirl at home. We cleared off the kitchen table and went about scrapbooking and card making. I made an awesom card for my friends baby shower and some other "Just In Case" cards. Went to bed, talked with E for a bit and read a book before I finally crashed.

Tonight we are supposed to be meeting with my family in Mansfield for dinner. That is if Dad is up to is. Still concerned about his health and I do not want him further away from a hospital if he should need it. Has had to take Nitro the past few days and that is not good. Especially when he argues about it. It is hard for him to accept that he is not doing so hot.

My thing is: Taking Nitro for him right now is similar to a woman getting her cycle. You don't want to have to deal with the aggravation but are pleased that there are resources out there to make you feel better.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home