Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Friday, September 16, 2005

Being Sick Ruins Everything

I know it has been a few days since I last blogged. But I have been feeling extremely under the weather. I am a go-go type of person and this has knocked me on my butt!

It started out as a simple summer sniffle and escalated from there. By yesterday I had no voice to speak of. And because of the work that I do, I NEED a voice! It is a necessity.

To top it all off, B woke up and could not open his eyes. They were sealed shut. I had to get the wet washcloth, hold it over his eyes and when he could finally open them I saw what I definitely did not want to see. Pink eye! He had gotten pink eye from somewhere. Therefore, neither of us to leave to go to school or work.

And to add insult to injury, it was E's birthday. Our plans to go out for dinner were shot! E really was not in the mood to celebrate his birthday so that put a damper on the whole thing. At work they had a cake for him. The cake was just wrong. They got a large Longhorn symbol on it and the score from the UT vs. OSU game. They thought it was funny. I did not see the humor in it and I am sure my fellow Buckeye fans can agree with me on this.

Here is hoping to a better Friday.

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, September 17, 2005, Blogger -h. said…

    effing blog spammers. They deserve a slow miserable death, like having to live in a town with out Bath And Body Works.

    Anyhow.

    I'm sorry you are feeling icky. Pinkeye sucks. Happy thirtyhmmhmmhmm to E.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home