Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend of woe and wonder

Had a pretty decent weekend this tiem around.

Friday night we went out on D-Man's boat. It is a Cruiser Yacht. Thought I had missed my chance to go as I got stuck in traffic dropping of B to Hollaback Girl. I was thoroughly frustrated but they assured me that we could still make it. E and I met up at the office and headed over to find HB had just gotten there also. Headed over to the dock and they came for us. E was like a duck out of water as he had been raised on Portage Lakes. His grandparents owned several boats so he knew what had to be done. He was allowed to drive the boat and help dock it. During the trip we looked at houses we could never afford and found a boat stuck out in the middle of the lake. We towed them over to a dock and continued our journey. Made another trip around and picked up HB's husband. Came back to the dock we were at and went dancing. All of this would have been much more fun for me if I had not been sick to my stomach all day long and well into the night. Picked up some ginger ale and Saltines and finally by 12:30 AM my stomach had settled. Not without my stomach turning one more time at the smell of Taco Bell.

Saturday was spent car shopping. We had decided to let them total out the other car. It was close in cost to either repair or replace and due to motor damage we replaced it. We went to one of E's accounts and looked at another 2003 Mazda. He has decided to go ahead with the purchase as he enjoyed driving it. I checked everything out and agreed to it. We spent the rest of the day dealing with financing and delivery instructions. It was really starting to irritate me. Now I know why I try to finance beforehand but this helped me with the selling of car loans for my job. We finished at the dealership and headed home for a little rest before the OSU vs. UT game. Went to Hollaback Girl's house for the game. Since I am bad luck for OSU at times I left the room and played computer games while E watched the game and B played with the kids that were there. Didn't help as OSU lost. We are still being razzed for it.

Sunday was a major lazy day. It was raining so we stayed in. I watched the Wife Swap marathon and the boys rested. Got some cleaning done and read a good book. We made a fun S'mores dessert that was one that B could do and made dinner. About 7 PM I was getting antsy so we went to McDonald's for B to play in the play area. It was fun for him and E and I got some quiet time together.

Here is hoping for a good week. It started out with a small summer stuffiness for me. I hate being sick!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home