Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I am blessed and I thank God for it.

Yesterday proved to me that there are others that are much worse off than me. And was a constant reminder that I am blessed.

We had three families come in from Louisiana. Two of them retired and one with young children. Our insurance company is the only one to offer advances of their claim money at this time. Score one for us! I felt bad for the family with the younger children. I was allowed to give the children teddy bears that we have so I was happy about that. Each of those families reminded me of what I have and to be thankful.

My brother had to go for his next pre-trial yesterday. It turned out to be the same BS just on a different day. It is becoming more and more apparent to me that all she is after is money. It was proved again in the courtroom and that just bothers me. Since my brother does not have a lot of money I have a bad feeling that she will try somehow to go after my parents and what they have. Which is not a lot either. I have had it with her and her selfishness. But it made me thankful that I am not married to an idiot.

And we received a letter from the Witch-In-Law. On the guilt scale (1 to 10 ranking) it was about an 11. And I am still referred to as "And your family". She wants to work on the problem but can't since he won't talk to her. Duh!! You are married to an alcoholic and we have done our best to let you know what needs to be done. Once again, I was proven how thankful I am to NOT be in a destructive relationship.

And for all of that, I give thanks!!

One last note. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!! She is three years old today.

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 08, 2005, Blogger -h. said…

    Hi.

    A few things:

    1. Blog comment spam eats it.

    2. YAY for your insurance company.

    3. Nope.

    4. Viva la princess.

    5. At least you can donate "stuff" ... all everyone wants up here is money.

    6. PPPTTTTHHH to you and your martini paper.

    If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know. Heh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home