Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Preparing for Catastrophe

The past few days have been a true test of wills. As we have Hurricane Rita threatening Texas, we are all under watch as to what to do next.

For me for work that means not being able to write any Property and Casualty policies. No new auto, no new renters, no new homeowners, etc.... We are now reduced to writing only Life, Health and Bank. The heat and pressure are on now as the end of the month is near and we are 4 life policies away from where we need to be. I have been having massive headaches as a result. I hate stress.

We also have been receiving catastrophe e-mails instructing us on what to do. Phone numbers needed, policies to print out, computer and electrical equipment that need to be moved up, etc... For me it is scary. We do not know how far inland the Hurricane will come but we will be as prepared as possible.

Today, I will be going to the store to stock up on non-perishables and water. We also need to find more books and other ways to entertain ourselves if we should lose electricity.

Power Bars and peanut butter, here I come.

We have been offering rooms in our home to those that have been evacuated from Houston. So far no takers but that may change.

I will keep updating as much as I can. But the important thing is that our friends in Ohio know that we are safe and select family members know that we are safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home