Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Friday, September 23, 2005

Fire Ants and Late Night Work - Both Can Be Evil Things

The past few nights have been pretty busy and somewhat painful!!

Wednesday night we went to E's office to bring food to HollaBack Girl and D-Man. This was at about 8 PM. It was important to me that E contacted the grandparents of his that we are speaking to and let them know we are okay and not in the direct path of the Hurricane. After that, we set up the VCR's to tape LOST for Hollaback Girl and America's Next Top Model for me. Have to get my reality TV fix. We got there at about 8:30 to give them a break and to feed them Vitamin Crap as Martini would put it. Got back late and that meant B was down to bed late. Not good. But he woke early the next morning and went to school with E.

Last night E, D-Man and the two new techs from the merger were moving stuff out of the office that was bought out and over to E's office. B and I went over and brought water and snacks. They needed to eat so I volunteered to get some food for them. Went over to Chick-O-Lay, as B calls it, and ordered quite a bit of food. B stayed with the guys and "helped" to move the copiers. Which meant standing behind the copiers as they were being pushed down the ramp to the truck with his little hands on the copiers. Fed the guys so they could continue for the night.

Took B power grocery shopping and laughed when I saw that the grocery store was bought out of bottled water. We had purchased three cases of water the week before so I was not worried. But boy it was funny to see. I know that we are all freacked about the Hurricane but to see the reality of the freaking out is crazy.

Came home to prepare B for bed and to watch The Apprentice. I "heart" Donald Trump as he is a good business man and a caring soul. All traits I admire in a business professional. As I sat down to take my shoes off my right foot was hurting. Realized why when I took my sock off. I had been bitten by fire ants in two places on my toes. I am highly allergic to insect bites and swell and itch horribly. As I got B bathed and ready for bed I called E and asked how soon he would be home. He was 10 minutes away. I let B stay up to see E because he barely saw him. It made for waking him up this morning a bear but it had to be done.

After B went to bed so did we. E helped me out quite a bit with my foot and made sure I was taken care of. He also gave me a Tylenol PM to sleep without the pain.

Woke up to the pain again this morning and the foot had swollen some more. Got dressed and tried to put on work shoes. It was not happening. The pressure was too much. So I am at work in sandals. Not professional ones either. If anyone asks, I will be more than happy to show them my foot.

But the news of the day. E is geting a work reward and I am a part of it. They are arranging a babysitter for the night for B and E and I will be wisked away somewhere for a romantic overnight getaway. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Jsut nervous about the Hurricane and what is going to happen. It may not be happening but the weekend and Rita will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home