Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Alarming Situations and Quickie Lunches

What a title for a blog!!!

Yesterday was an insane day. Started out first thing in the morning. My dad has not been doing well and I had my mother on the phone. I came into the office and I was the first one here. I went to turn off the alarm and it would not go off. My mom is still on the phone with me and I try the alarm again. Still not turning off. Went for a third try and the alarm went carzy. It went into the high pitched alarm mode that called into security centers and police. I quickly hang up on my mom and call the alarm company. I had another co-worker in here and I was telling her to keep trying the code. Maybe it would turn off.

I step outside so I could hear the prompts on my phone. The alarm is still going off and I am getting exasperated. HB, another co-worker, pulls into the parking lot and gets out. I tell her the alarm is going off. She asks me if I put in the passcode. As if that did not occur to me. I tell her I do and told her the passcode that I had. She then goes into the office and tells me that the passcode is wrong.

I wait for her to turn off the alarm and ask her when did the passcode change? She said that BossLady changed it and she thought that we were told this. Both RS and I were not. The alarm company calls over and confirms that nothing is wrong and we start the day.

I do not know about you but that does not make for a good start of the day. BossLady is in the hospital undergoing surgery and will be out for 2.5 weeks. This was something that we should have been notified about. Not happy.

Today has been a very boring day. Started out by marketing a little and came in to collect more materials. When I looked to see if I had enough time to go back out before my appointment I didn't. I was supposed to have an appointment come in and they were a no show. Whatever happened to people keeping their word? If they say they will do something, they will.

Looked at my ovulation calendar and realized that this was "O" time. Since E and I are trying to expand our family, the "O" time is very important. So I did what ever normal worknig wife would do in this situation. I called him to ask him if he would like to meet me at home for a quickie lunch. At first he rejected saying that he had to drive out to a call. I shook my head and asked him if I needed to repeat myself. So I did. And he finally got it. Plus, we had to switch cars anyway. What better place to do that than at home?

So what was for lunch? A very quickie meal accompanied by some necessary quickie activities.

I love being devious!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home