Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another January Gone...

And so the year continues!!!

January was not too horrible this year. I had a great work month and got plenty done in the department of organization.

My office was a complete disaster area. I mean massively destroyed. On my last vacation day my good friend, Miss M, came over and helped me tackle my office. See, when I clean I am an ADHD cleaner. I cannot focus on one area at a time. It is not good. It drives my husband absolutely crazy. Thank goodness for Miss M's pregnancy becasue that whole nesting thing has come into play and she attacked the office with some serious gusto. After several hours my office was spotless. Except for my desk and that is a battle that I do not want to take on. Mind you, I have made a massive dent in it but it is not worth completely cleaning off as it will get cluttered again.

Then we have decided to have B's birthday party here and in the basement. Mind you, the basement is a disaster at times. But we are having a R/C car party for him so we needed to organize and organize now. I took almost all of a Saturday to attack parts of the basement that I have not touched since our move back from Texas. Three totes, two full garbage bags and one exhausted me and I had made a dent. We still have to clean my scrapbooking area but that is a challenge all on its own!

The rest of January has been a work struggle. My first week back I had a killer week then it started to taper off. I hate being slow and this is my slow season. It sucks. I did manage to pull second place on my team and on top of that had one more policy than a very well known agent here in Columbus. BONUS!!!

I took a good portion of the work month to learn about annuities. I have said for a year and a half that I have got to find a way to learn and understand annuities. See, with the recent market crashes most people want to make sure that their money is safe. What is safer than a guaranteed 3% gain? I do not know of any. Plus with so many people losing their jobs I wanted to find a better way to help. So my manager has asked me to present on annuities. I am actually excited about this as it has forced me to learn something that I have wanted to fully understand for a while.

So now I am looking forward to February. Hopefully businss will pick back up. Hopefully there will be new jobs available to those who need them and hopefully all starts to get better with the economy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home