Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Interview World

Finally, more insight on my weekend.

I had three interviews that I was going up for. Here is a synopsis from each:

Interview #1:

It was a breakfast meeting at a little restaurant called First Watch. Had never been there before but looked very cozy. I got there 15 minutes before my interview. The agent and his staff member were 15 minutes late. So there was a half an hour more to be anxious about the meeting. See, this agent came in the same time as my old BossMan and they are good friends. That brings up the tension even more. When they finally arrived we chatted and hit a lot of points early on. It was interesting. We finished breakfast and I was asked to come to the office to have a peek around. So I headed over there in my rental PT Cruiser (ick). Got to the office and spent an hour there talking and looking at the building. Left with the promise that I would get a call over the weekend.

I did receive three calls. One for reassurance that he was interested, one for salary requirements and one to let me know he could not afford me at the present time. Bummer.

Interview #2:

This agent is a relatively new agent (5 years) and was looking for someone to fill in while her staff person was on maternity leave. But also looking past that too. She is in need of someone who can roll up their sleeves and dig in for the sales. Something I am currently doing now. We hit it off well. Ironically, the staff member she had before went to work with my old BossMan. The main reason I can't return there. But she is more of a service person versus a sales person.

No job offer. Hers was a matter of growing pains. Catch 22. She can't afford to have me but can't afford not to have me. I can respect that.

Interview #3:

I was pretty well informed that the job was mine unless I passed it up. But I had never met the agent and wanted to get to know him. I went in and interviewed for 2.25 hours!!! I was offered the position and the bonus structure in the first 30 minutes. He was more than willing to pay what I was asking and feels that I deserve it due to the amount of experience. That does not give me room to slack off. But gives me the incentive to work that much harder and aim for the bonuses. They are really good.

End result: Job offered, job accepted!!!

I have a job!!! I can breathe a bit more now. Now to work on E's job situation.

And the best part, it is 10 minutes from the house and with a family oriented agent. Something that I love. He is a father and a grandfather so he understands it. His wife works there and so does his daughter-in-law. I asked if that makes me the long lost daughter that he never had?!!? They laughed.

I think this will work very well. Keep the fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006, Blogger Mombi said…

    WHOOHOO! Way to go! Must be those wonderful pageant interview skills!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006, Blogger -h. said…

    :::does the Grace Adler impersonation:::

    Told ya so
    Told ya so
    Told ya told ya told ya so

    Damn don't you hate it when I'm right. ;)

    Congratuations ... see you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home