Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Compassion of a Child

I had an amazing experience last night. I saw where my child has learned compassion. And it was very endearing. Here is the story:

I was laying on the couch in a little ball. I was cold but not cold enough to get myself off the couch and get a blanket.

B comes over to me and asks "Mommy, are you cold?"

I reply "yes, but I am okay."

"Oh, I will go get you a blanket." says B as he dashes off to the closet.

He opens the door and grabs my favorite blanket. He comes to the couch and unfolds it. Then he takes the blanket and covers me with it along with tucking me into it.

"Are you better now Mommy?" B asks.

"Much better. Thank you!" I reply with tears in my eyes.

It is proof that I am raising a caring and loving child and I could not be any more proud.

Note: When I was beign tucked in, he forgot to tuck the covers around my feet. But I was so touched I didn't even bother to correct it. I just wanted to savor that moment and enjoy it for all it was worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home