Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Finally! The Texas Experience

I have lived here over six months now and we finally had the Texas experience. And it all happened since my parents came here to visit.

Here is a breakdown, day by day.

Thursday: E and I worked a half day and then we headed to San Antonio. E was still on the clock and had to do a delivery and an install. Afterwards we went to the highlight of the trip for my dad, the Alamo. He is a huge history buff and to experience that chuck of history was incredible for him. It is odd to see a huge landmark right in the middle of downtown and then everything modern surrounding it. We got a kick out of seeing the places where Miss Congeniality was filmed and taking photos. After the Alamo we crossed the street and went down to the RiverWalk. That was absolutely amazing. The river runs in the middle of a bunch of restaurants and shopping places. We walked for a bit then went to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. We took some more photos and decided to go for a boat ride. It takes you all around the RiverWalk and you can take in a lot of sites at the same time. Plus, the boat ride was extremely romantic and I enjoyed snuggling up to my husband on the ride. We saw more places where Miss Congeniality was filmed and that thrilled us to pieces. We are such fans of pageantry! After that, we drove home and promptly crashed. We were exhausted.

Friday: E had the day off and I went to a half day of work. My parents experienced breakfast tacos for the first time and liked them very much. They went with me on a drive to a life insurance appointment and waited for me to finish. We came back to my office and I finished he rest of my half day. Afterwards we went shopping at Wal-Mart and HEB Plus. They could not believe how big HEB Plus was and how much was in there. I think my mom was in heaven. We came home, ate sushi for lunch and watched movies for the rest of the rainy afternoon. We took it easy that night as I still had to work the next morning.

Saturday: I had a Health Fair I was working at and went there for the morning. My parents, E and B came to see me and go around the fair. We got B's child ID done and had him fingerprinted for safety purposes. Afterwards they went to Cabela's (a HUGE sports store) and I went to get pictures printed for my mom to take back with her. Once we were finished with our separate activities, we went to Texas Land and Cattle for dinner as my mom wanted an authentic Texas steak. She got her wish and we enjoyed our meals. Once we finished our dinner we went to the mall to get mom the salsa that she loves and went Lunar Golfing. We enjoyed ourselves with the exception of a birthday party that was out of control. To make up for it, the place gave us each a coupon for free round of golf. WOOHOO!!!

Sunday: We had to take the parents to the airport. It was hard to let them go but we just had to keep reminding ourselves that we had only six more weeks then we can see each other as much as we wanted to. Still didn't make it easy but it was reassuring. Then we went to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party for a classmate of B's. It got our minds off the fact that they were gone. We also moved B's big boy bed into his room and got it all made up and ready for him for the night. He loves it!! But he wanted mommy to stay in the bed with him for one night. And of course I obliged.

Now on to the bigger task. Getting all of our job stuff settled and starting to pack. And getting stuff ready for a garage sale. Hope that we are able to get a lot accomplished over the next few weeks.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home