Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Scratching My Head On This One....

Today I had a very interesting experience.

I came into work and about 30 minutes into being here I felt a cold coming on. I do not function well at work if I am sick. I do function, just not well.

I asked to leave to purchase some Aleve Cold and Sinus as that is the only stuff that works for me when I start to feel sick. I go to CVS to puchase it and they do not have any on the shelf. That was odd. All I thought was "Do not tell me that they have discontinued this product!". I would have been upset.

I went over to Randall's and looked for it in the pharmacy department. Nothing. Then the pharmacist saw me looking and asked if I needed help. I told her that I needed Aleve Cold and Sinus. She told me to look for a card that looked like the box. I did and found it. I was told to take it to Customer Service with my Drivers License and I can purchase it there. My mind was boggled by this point but I went to Customer Service and did just that.

The store manager comes over, gets my Drivers License and goes to get the Aleve that is locked up in a glass case!! WHAT?!?!

She comes back over with my Aleve, my DL and a book in which she had to write all of my information in and sign off on. I guess there is a drug in the Aleve that now cannot be left out on the counter. Something that needs to be monitored. I was floored.

My joke was that now I am an undercover drug user. Just to get rid of a cold.

What is this world coming to?!?!?!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home