Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Monday, January 23, 2006

My Review of Miss America

It was the Superbowl of Pageants this weekend and here is my review of it.

1) Kudos to CMT for doing such an amazing job with promoting the pageant. I have not seen promotion like that for ANY of the major pageants. And that is including Miss USA. I agree that CMT was an excellent move just for that alone. If you look at the CMT website under Miss America you can see what was done there too. It is fabulous.

2) Staging was simple and gorgeous. Not overdoing it and not overshadowing the ladies. Nice job.

3) Sound levels were terrible. No floor mics for tappers and music sometimes louder than contestants during the Parade of States. Not good when you live with someone who is a sound engineer. It was noticeable.

4) I actually felt like I knew the contestants. They were human and approachable through videos and the extra chatter with them.

5) NO CRAZY DANCE NUMBERS!! Oh yeah!! This was the best part. Stick to the contestants as that is what we want to see.

6) Lack of Diedre. We really did not see last years winner and that was a shame. She put in the extra time therefore she should have been shown for more than 5 minutes.

7) Lack of introducing former Miss America's. I am sure they did not fly to Las Vegas to have three seconds on TV. They deserve to be introduced and recognized.

8) Contestants were GORGEOUS this year. There are your few that don't bring their A game but majority were stunning. I was impressed. Their states took the extra time needed and used it to their advantage.

9) I agree that Top Ten talent needs to come back. It would have made a completely different outcome. But there was a reason for this and I believe that it was God's way of giving Jennifer Berry, Miss America 2006, her crown.

10) I was heartbroken that DC did not make it any further but it was not in the plan for her.

There will always be the "Damned if you do and damned if you don't" but overall they are trying to rebuild. Miss America has gone through this before and will go through it again.

I do still support this program. I did receive some scholarship from it and for that I am ever grateful. Plus, without this program I would never have gained the skills that were necessary for interviewing and challenging myself to go outside of my box.

Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home