Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Friday, March 24, 2006

March 22-23. Days from HELL!!!

It is not often that I go completely off in a blog post. But this time I think that I absolutely deserve it.

Bad Thing #1 - E was involved in an auto accident. E was stopped and was rearended by a GMC truck. You would think that his Mazda 6 would be torn up but it is not. Amazingly there were only a few scratches and scuffs on the back of his bumper. The woman gave her insurance information and we called in the claim. The woman decided to call back and give sass on what was on the claim. E than reminded her that he had not called out the police therefore letting her avoid a ticket for ACDA. She had a choice. Quit griping or he will file the police report too and let that show up on her record. Haven't heard from her since.

Bad Thing #2 - One of my co-workers decided that in a staff meeting that it would be a great time to berate me in front of our boss on an answer that I gave on the phone to a client. She never talked to me before about it and chose that moment to let loose on how she felt. That ticks me off to the highest degree. I confronted her after the meeting and she got all defensive. I made my point and let it be.

Bad Thing #3 - E gets a text message from Asshole V (the new service manager) to come into the office. E gets in and he decides to tell E that they have decided to let him go early. Now he only had four more days to go and the right thing to do would have been to just let him work out those days after the dedication that he gave that place for well over a year. But they decided that there was not enough work. That is crap. That is why he had driven over 100+ miles that day for service calls. I think that Asshole V wanted him gone and this was the way to do it. To make matters MUCH worse, they screwed him with his paycheck. He got a check for 40 hours and NO VACATION PAY!! He was promised that he would get the rest of his vacation pay when he leaves but according to Asshole V, BossMan J was pissed off when E took a day off to stay at home with B when B was running a fever. I could not stay home because of a work meeting that I had to be at. Asshole V said that a part of the agreement of E getting his vacation pay was that he could not take off any time before he was to leave or he would lose that. E doesn't remember it and I do not see it in writing. BossMan J feels that I should have stayed home with B that day, regardless if I had work commitments. Sorry Jackass, but when you are in a dual income household there are things to consider and that is one of them. But he would not know that. His wife stays home and their youngest child is in DAY CARE!! Explain that one to me. So much for being a family friendly company. I guess that only counts when it is their family and NO ONE ELSES. End result: We were screwed out of $800 post tax. Not good. Plus, BossMan J & BossMan H did not bother to meet with him before he was let go when they were the ones responsible for uprooting all of our lives to move to Texas Hell. They could have cut their losses in July and E could have moved back and we could avoided the whole transition. Cowards!!!

Bad Thing #4 - I am awoken at 1:30 AM to a howling scream. All I thought was "Great there are two cats getting it on outside my bedroom.". Then I hear it again and realize it is coming from the other side of the house. I listen again and it does not sound like B. I look next to me and realize that E was not there. Oh great, something is wrong. I get out of bed and stumble into the bathroom. He is in there just moaning in pain. He tells me there is a sharp pain in his left side and he could not go to the bathroom. I had to think for a second and realized that it may be kidney stones. Perfect. That is not good as it will constitute a trip to the ER and bills that we cannot afford now. But E needed to be taken care of and that came first. I called my mom to see if what I was thinking was correct. My dad had kidney stones and she knows what the symptoms are. And she confirmed that it was probably kidney stones. So we got dressed, got B up and headed to the ER. E was still moaning in pain and B was completely confused. Got to the ER and they got E in right away. B was a champ. He behaved so well in the ER. I am still in shock. They gave E a CT scan, a strainer and a good dose of drugs. He was feeling no pain when we left there. Got home at around 6 AM. I had to go in late to work and miss an event I ccordinated but I knew that I would be worth absolutely nothing if I went in right away with little to no sleep under me.

So, all in all, it has been a hideous past couple of days. Good things that have come out of it are that the trip to the ER may be covered under the auto insurance claim as the impact possibly jarred the stones that were in the kidney and forced them to pass. And the meds for him to take were under $10. Thank God for generic.

Now all we need is more money. Anyone wish to contribute? It can go to the E Got Screwed fund. Thanks!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home