Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Parental Control

While getting ready for work this morning I was watching the MTV show "Parental Control". And it got me thinking....

For those of you who have not seen it, it is a show about parents who cannot stand who their child is dating and tries to set them up with two guys or two girls that they feel would be a great fit for their child. These two dates are videotaped and the parents and the current significant other have to watch the dates together. Once the dates are done, the child needs to figure out who he/she wants to be with. The one that mom picked, the one that dad picked or the one that they are currently with.

What made me think about it was this. If this show would have been in existence when E and I started dating, would the Witch-In-Law and Drunk Boy tried to do that to us? Put us on a show like that to try to separate us? Then I thought again. It would have required Drunk Boy to think of something besides the next beer or rum and Coke he was about to drink and the Witch-In-Law would not have had the strength to do it on her own.

So for us and our little family, I am glad the show was not in existence. But if there is a show where you could hand pick your new in-laws I would be first in line to be on the show. Let's see, the opportunity to choose a couple that you could trust, rely on and allow for extended family for your children and not have to worry about anything.

Where do I sign up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home