Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Rudeness of Poll Volunteers

Okay. Today was crazy at the polls with the new machines in Franklin County. But there is no reason that people need to be incredibly rude.

I walked into the poll center that I have to go to. I stood in line. There were three women running the polls. Two were sitting and one was up doing something. I stood at the table waiting to be noticed. The one woman looks at me and looks down. Two more people walk in behind me. The one woman who was sitting looks up. Asks them both if she can help them.

The first time it perturbed me. That was rude. But I was going to be nice. Then it happened again. I attribute my next action to lack of lunch and low blood sugar attack. I decided to ask...

"Excuse me, but am I invisible? I need to make sure that I am not dreaming and that you completely overlooked the fact that I was standing here and you did not help me once."

The second gentleman, who was a city worker, looks at me and says "You are deifinitely NOT invisible!" Nice.

The woman looks at me again and says that another woman will help me. The one that had been away from the table. Something is wrong with this picture.

The woman who was up came and sat down. She apologized quickly and gathered my information. Now for those of you who like to see how truly human I am, I will admit that I was standing in the wrong line. But she was kind and grabbed the book next to her and proceeded to collect my signature and lead me to the polls.

Less than two minutes later I was out of there. I love the new machines that are being used. They are great.

Politics is not my friend!! But here is hoping that the Westerville levy passes so my son can play sports when he is old enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home