Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Frustration

Today has been a very frustrating day. Wait, let me take that back. It has been a frustrating month.

I am at the end of the month. In my field, that is figuring out what was sold and how much was sold. Usually to see how close or far away we are from a trip, reward, etc.

This month I captured 8 auto policies, 14 fire policies, 0 life policies, 2 health policies and one CD. So a total of 25 apps. Not bad on a normal basis. In fact, for me being the ONLY person in the office working on apps that is not terrible at all.

What is terrible is when the boss is irritated because there is no life on the board. And the simple fact that he contributed to exactly 1/2 of a health policy does not help me have good thoughts about him at the moment.

Honestly, I could not sell any life this month if someone gave me the money and signed the app. It was really that bad.

I can make a ton of excuses but it is not happening. I can blame this all on the last month of summer, people away on vacation, school starting and anything else I want. But the truth is, it was just not happening this month. And there will be months like that.

For me, it is important for people to review their policies. Make sure they understand their coverage and know if they are insured adequately (which most are not) or inadequately (majority of public). To Joe Public, it is not high on their list of priorities. But then something happens and when they are not covered properly they blame me.

So I ask this of you. Take the time to meet with your Insurance Agent once a year to make sure you understand your policies and to make sure that you and your family are well taken care of. If you want me to review your policies for you, I will. It is not an inconvenience.

Thank you for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home