Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mid-October Life Crisis

It has been forever since I have blogged. The time has definitely flown by and I need to catch up. I will break it down into categories:

Birthday

On October 7th, I turned 32. No magic number. Just 32. The day started out very nice and went downhill from there. For my birthday I received two very special gifts. My new kitten, whom I have named Diva, and my new wedding band. For those of you who do not know, my original wedding band kept having the prongs on the baguettes break off. I guess I am very rough on my hands. Finally one broke off and I lost a baguette in the ring. I could not handle that. So for nearly two years now I have had an Australian Blue Diamond wedding band. That was not sufficient enough for my husband. So he bought me my new wedding band. It is stunning!!! The day went downhill with the next category...

Series 6 Exam

This was scheduled on my birthday. The only time that I could take it was on a Saturday and they wanted me in ASAP. So I took the test. After almost a month of cramming for the exam I failed it. I needed a 70% to pass and I got a 66%. I really needed to take a class to pass it and the company that requires that I pass this test would not pay for that. Just for self study. Obviously I suck at self study. The test just did not make sense to me and I felt like a complete failure the rest of the day. I also felt trapped in my current work situation. Which was worse.

Work for the Imbicil Boss

Work had become a personal hell for me. I was basically doing the job of 3 people all wrapped into one. And according to this boss, I was terrible at the job. Mind you, I have been in insurance for the past 4.5 years and was successful at my past offices. I managed to write policies, handle appointments and service issues. Here, no matter what I did I was wrong. I could never do it well enough. I never did more than enough. And he would constantly jump at me for it. He started in on me again on October 3rd. And the rest of the week I was on eggshells. I was praying to pass my exam just to have the satisfaction of quitting. But it was not able to be done due to my score. I continued the next week into work with anxiety and panic attacks and just overall not in good shape. By Thursday of last week, he was laying into me first thing in the morning. I could not take it anymore. We exchanged some words and the decision was to fire me. So now I am unemployed. And I feel better now than I have in a very very long time.

Personal Medical Issues

The stress and strain from the job has taken quite a huge toll on my body. After more extensive testing (in which I was not even bought dinner thank you very much) it has been decided that I needed to have surgery. So this Friday morning at 7:30 AM, I will be under the knife for a cone biopsy. Am I scared? Heck yeah!! But if I am to prevent any possibility of cervical, uterine or ovarian cancer this is the only way. My parents will be down Thursday and we will be ready to go bright and early Friday morning.

So that has been the beginning of the month for me. Wish me luck with getting unemployment benefits. Because for now, the best thing that I need is to get a grip on my life and figure out what I really want to do with it. Do I want to stay in sales? Do I want to be in insurance? Do I just want to try to grow the USANA business and go from there? All is up in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home