Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, November 15, 2007

It Has Been So Very Long...

Since I have last blogged. I am disappointed in myself.

We have had a very long and busy month. Lots of good things and a few bad things. But overall pretty good.

Here are some of the good as I want to stay in the positive:

B made Student of the Month at school. I found out when I went to pick him up from school the one day. His teacher asked him to tell me his news. As soon as she said that I had figured he made Student of the Month. He told me that he had to go to the principals office on Monday. I put on the stern face and asked what he did wrong ;) He got defensive and said it was to eat pizza with the principal. I asked why was that (as if I did not know) and he said it was because he was Student of the Month!! I was so excited for him. That is a great honor to have. I waited to get to the car to hug him and kiss him as to not embarrass him in front of his class. I took him to school the following Monday to have his pizza with the principal. I was prepared to take pictures but he did not want me to because it would embarrass him. So I am going to ask the school for the photos that they took.

We had Halloween. On the Saturday before Halloween we took him and the Carr girls to the Columbus Zoo for Boo at the Zoo. They had a great time going around the zoo and getting candy from the vendors. The candy was kind of disappointing as majority of it was Tootsie Rolls but they had a good time and that is all that matters. Halloween was okay as it started out with its normal bratty fit that he is infamous for every year. We had to get the traditional time out picture. Then it was around the neighborhood we went. We had a great time and collected a lot of candy. I think we wore poor Teach Holloway out but I think she had a good time too.

E and I judged America's Beautiful Role Model. I competed in this pageant over 10 years ago and it was wonderful to go back and judge for them. They had a great pageant and some wonderful contestants. Check out their website at . It is a beautiful website. They have not updated their National winners yet but it will be soon.

The following weekend E and I went back to Dallas to judge a pageant called Diamonds and Pearls . He judged the modeling portion and I judged the photo portion. The photo portion is not always my favorite to judge but it was not bad at this one. Best part was that they allowed us to pick the photo we liked and judge it accordingly instead of judging all of them. It is so nice to do that. The hard part for E was that the game was on during the pageant and OSU was losing to Illinois. Did not make for a fun evening. No worries. No scores were affected by the outcome of the game. I promise.

Coming up is more judging for me and the big OSU vs. Michigan game this weekend. I am anxious for the game but ready to get it over with. The games can be stressful when you know how it can affect a whole city and sales for the week. Usually when we are winning people are more ready to talk and meet with me. But when they are losing it is harder. Mind you we are getting into the slow season in my business. And that is rough for me. I cannot stand to be slow!!! But hopefully things will pick up.

Till later and hopefully that does not mean a month later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home