Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Congratulations MONICA DAY!! Miss Congeniality at Miss USA

Congratulations Monica!!! I was beyond thrilled when I saw on television that she won Miss Congeniality! To know Monica is to totally understand how she was chosen. She is not only one of the sweetest women that I have ever met, she is also the funniest. She can always keep me cracking up when I am around her.

I was bummed for her when she did not make Top 15. Seriously, what were the judges thinking? Did they lose their brains somewhere along the way. She looked stunning and confident and she is a heck of an interviewer!!! The girl has the gift of gab for the good!!! Here are a few photos of her from preliminary competition.




I was not 100% impressed with last nights competition. Majority of the girls in the Top 15 were more of a box shape. Not many curves. I do not even recall one of the women with an hourglass figure! Even if they had implants it did not make a different in their shape. And do not even get me started on the gowns. There was not ONE evening gown that I was completely blown away by. I started looking more toward the non-finalists and their gowns caught my attention more than the Top Ten gowns!! That is sad.

Also, can I say that I was beyond furious with Channel 4 here in Columbus last night. I understand that weather reports are somewhat considered important but not on pageant night! COME ON!!! Especially when one of your own reporters is a participant in the pageant. Where is the love!!! I missed all of the opening number and state intros. It was not a pleasant night in the house until the pageant finally came on. Then it was on to the Top 15.

I had to say that I did have Texas picked all along. She was the strongest in competition in every phase. I thought that it was funny that both of the states that I have lived in both won something important. Although I wish it could have been the other way with Texas winning Congeniality and Ohio winning the crown of Miss USA but there is something else meant for our lovely Miss Ohio and I know that for her sake it will be incredible.

Here is a photo montage of our new Miss USA, Crystal Stewart. Congratulation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home