Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Hope that this post finds everyone well and enjoying the holiday spirit. We are certainly in it. Even with it being 75 degrees and sunny with gorgeous blue skies versus the cold and snow that we have also been used to. Here is a recap of my holiday weekend so far...

Friday we had our work holiday party. We were told at the beginning of the day that if it is slow (yeah right) we can leave early. We had a client in right before our lunch and were late for lunch due to it. We had agreed from early on that we would do lunch then exchange from a name that was pulled. We each had to spend at least $20 on our person. I selected BossLady and got her some air freshener refills from White Barn Candle Company. She loved it! RS had me and she gave me the hook up. I got a $20 gift card to JoAnn Etc. My FAVORITE craft store. I was giddy. Then for the next surprise. BossLady also got us gifts from our list. So I got a $10 gift card to Wal-Mart and a $10 gift card for Big Lots. I am in heaven!!

Went back to the office to a crazy afternoon but a very productive one. Everyone wanted to get their insurance stuff done on their day off and it was convenient that we were there. We ended the day at four apps total. That works. Left maybe 10 minutes early and got home to the boys. Had an easy night that night with the boys.

Saturday started out very crazy trying to catch up on the last minute stuff. E left for an hour and B and I did housework. Then when he returned B and I left to finish up last minute stuff. B was excellent in the store and that warranted a Frozen Coke. I did inform him that we were going to church and I asked him why. Hoping that he would say that we were going to celebrate Baby Jesus's birthday I was thrown for a loop. His response? "We need to get our God-On.". Proof that I say that WAY too often.

Got ready for the Children's Mass way too late and got to church at 3:50 PM for 4:00 PM mass. Definitely not enough time as I forgot about the 2x a year Catholics. It was standing room only and we stood. B looked darling as he was dressed in a suit. When I get pics on the computer I will post them.

Got home to Christmas Eve Pizza. We had too much to do and I wanted a quick and easy dinner. Finished dinner and made cookies for Santa, little cakes for Baby Jesus's birthday and reading T'was The Night Before Christmas before B went to bed. Then off to bed with all of us.

Christmas morning began easly for us. We were up at 5:45 AM due to the excitement. B finally came in at 6:25 AM to inform us that Santa drank all the milk. We went out to investigate and open our stockings and presents. Santa was very generous to my scrapbooking madness and hooked me up with plenty of good scrapbooking stuff. A new album, embossing templates and new letters for my Sizzix plus other little goodies. I was pleased. Then was taken good care of by my husband and son. My big gift was a ScanDisk MP3 player. I got E an iPod. Do you think we were on the same page this year? Now we have some tunes for when we work out. B got plenty of great presents but loved all of his Kid Connection items. He is very easy to please. His big gift came from my parents as they got him the V-Tech V-Smile. And the adapter cable is not in it. That is fine. We will hold off opening it until their other gift comes for him then get the cable and let him play. Or hold out for a rainy day. And since we barely get those it will be used more when there is a cloudy day.

This is the first holiday that we have to make our own meal. Usually we go to my parents house for dinner and help out. But have never had anything all on our own. The ham is in the oven and as the time gets closer we will make the rest of the side dishes. Here is hoping that we do not poison ourselves.

And to Flexigirl. Thanks for the purple maribou princess phone. But the caption is wrong. I am not a princess, I am the QUEEN!!! But you know that!! Love you!! And must bring up the Desperate Housewives book was very entertaining!!! Hope that Coachman, ALF and KaylaT like their presents. My boys did!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 26, 2005, Blogger -h. said…

    Santa hates me.

    I asked for an iPod, I got tools.

    Yes, the Geeeeenster bought She-Who-Can't-Change-Her-Own-Tire a toolbox full of tools.

    I'm not joking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home