Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Saturday, December 03, 2005

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me!!!

Good ole musical lyrics that can sum up my morning.

It has been a rough morning. One that has driven me into the guest bedroom and forced me to close the door on everyone. Except the cat and the pesky three-year-old who just doesn't get it. That is okay. I will take him.

It started first thing this very early morning. B decided to climb into our bed for the third night in a row. I do not understand where this is coming from. E thinks it is because he is not feeling well. I think it is because he stayed in the same room with us at my parents house. Anyways, I was too tired to get him back to his own bed. So I just covered him up and endured being shoved completely to E's side of the bed. I was pretty much awake by 6 AM.

Riddle me this. Why can't a child wake up on time to go to school but are up bright and early on a day that we do not have to be anywhere right away?

I played with B for a bit and laid down again to watch SoapNet. I love SoapNet. That is the only good thing about having the robbery that we have called cable with a monopoly. Beverly Hills 90210 was on and I settled back to watch it. E could obviously see this. He decided that then would be a good time to start playing around with music. IN THE SAME ROOM!! No headphones, no lowering the volume, nothing!!!! To me, that is a form of disrespect. So I left the room and holed up in the guest room.

I emerge during the commercials as I cannot sit still during them and E asks me what is wrong. I inform him that I feel it is entirely rude to do something like that when he could obviously see that I was watching a show. Then I asked if he learned that by being raised by the hillbillies that he was raised by. He didn't answer. I assume so.

He then asks what we want to do about breakfast. I tell him that he can make muffins. He says that yes, we can do that. I go into the other room and figure that he will start to make the muffins. I emerge again at the next commercial and he is just sitting on the couch. I roll my eyes and start a load of laundry. He then asks if we are going to make the muffins. I told him again that he can make the muffins. So he proceeds to do so.

I finish watching my show and head into the bathroom to get a shower and get myself ready to go into the office for a few hours. E comes in and wants to start getting close. At this point I am focused on work and getting ready and I just want him to leave me alone. Plus, B is running around like a maniac. Not a good time for him to start with me.

I finish my shower and I figured he would get B ready for a bath. I come out of the shower stall and B is still in what he wore last night running around. E is sitting at his computer looking for techno crap music. I figure that he would be ready to have the water started the minute I get out of the tub. No such luck.

I am getting madder by the moment. And what does E want to do? Continue to try to feel me up and leach himself on to me. Not making me comfortable with him at all. I finally get away and start getting myself dressed. B finally gets into the tub and E disappears into the bedroom and I am there to keep an eye on him and make sure he is not getting water all over the place.

I come back into the bedroon and I make a comment to him about something personal trying to start a conversation. He blows it off and continues to try to get near to me. At this point, I leave the room and just outright avoid him.

I hate this. This morning just showed how selfish he can be when he wants to be. I cannot make up for that. Maybe it is the Only Child Syndrome. I do not know.

I have to head to the office now. I may try to figure this out later. Not sure if I want to waste the brain space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home