Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

11 days late and $500 short

It has been a little while since my last blog so I am going to catch up as best as possible:

11/22 - left Texas for Ohio. We were so excited to see my parents. It has been a while since we have seen them and it was good to see them. We had the chance to be bumped from the flight coming from Cincinnati to Cleveland but we chose to pass it in our attempt to get to Cleveland. Flights were smooth and my boys behaved. Mom was overjoyed to see us. She and B immediately went to hug each other. It was sweet.

11/23 - Lounged a bit in the morning and then went for family pictures. Thanks to Flexigirl, we had our sitting fee taken care of with her Photo Card. She is awesome!! I think I will keep her. Got some great pictures and we will get them back on the 5th. Mom will send us ours. Got some individual pics of the kids and got one very specal one of my parents with their grandchildren. A good Christmas gift if you ask me.

11/24 - Thanksgiving Day and my niece's 4th birthday. Picked up one more gift for her and wrapped everything up. Had my aunt and uncle come over. Dinner was nice. Only a little bit of tension this year with my brother. Who could blame him? It was close to a year since the Jobless Wonder walked out on him and took his kid. I wouldn't be that hot to deal with either. Celebrated our niece's birthday and let the kids run random. Not bad for a day of turkey and family.

11/25 - Ever infamous Happy Shopping Day took place. We were up and out of the house by 5:30 AM (4:30 AM our time, ugh!!) and out to get the deals. We snapped up a great one on a Portable DVD player for my parents. Then on to Kohl's for some bra shopping. Got hooked up with new bras at discounted prices. Heck yeah!!! Continued on to the mall for more shopping and pictures with Santa in the line that was very short. Good for us. B loved telling Santa what he wanted and we got a great picture out of the deal. Came home and rested before Faux Christmas began. We had steak and lobster for our dinner (YUM!!) and had the kids open their gifts. My parents opened the Portable DVD player and the Pizzazz that we picked up for them and they were beyond thrilled. Dad is in a massive hunt to find a DVD case now.

11/26 - Up early again to get to the airport and head out. Tears and farewells were exchanged along with the irritation that I had with E for taking a job in Texas. That lasted 5 minutes. Found out that the airplane was overbooked and needed someone to bump to another flight. After much debate, $400 voucher, first-class ticket and meal ticket, we bumped E and he came in about 4 hours after we did. That worked too. Went to dinner and then headed back.

11/27 - Went to JoAnn for some craft shopping and a nice drive around. Came home to dinner and decorating the front of the house with Chrsitmas lights. B loved it as he got to help this year. He was ecstatic and wanted me to take lots of pictures of him helping out. We only got halfway through and we will pick up this weekend. Got too dark too fast. Had a cozy night of Despreate Housewives and card making. Got 7 more done.

11/28 - Returned to work refreshed and ready to go. Got a disturbing call from E. He was signing off on payroll and noticed that they did not pay him for half of Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Said all of his vacation was used. Now you would think that with all of the extra time that he has put in over several weekend, me coming in to help out and staying late on several nights that they would take good care of him and just pay him. NOPE!! I am pissed. So we will have a tight few weeks until next pay. Not looking forward to that at all.

11/29 - I am worried about work. We are nearing the end of the year and we are no where near where we need to be. I want all of us to travel so badly. We all deserve a break. I have been doing some serious praying and putting it in God's hands. It is all I can do at this point.

Today is payday. E read the disappointing news of what his paycheck is early this morning. And I got sass from B about wanting to go to school this morning. He wanted to stay home in his dinosaur pajamas. We were each not getting what we wanted. I wanted to do the same too. Maybe tonight will be a stay home PJ night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home