Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Thursday, November 17, 2005

And The Muffins Have It!!!

I know, crazy title but I know that you will understand as I go through this.

Every week, E is responsible for bringing breakfast tacos to the service meeting he is to conduct on Thursday mornings. When it was just E down here it was no problem. He had his money and our moneys did not touch. Now that we are here and the cost of living is WAY higher (thanks to no state tax) and our money is combined again I have an issue with it.

I have made the point to E a few times that we cannot afford to pay for the breakfast tacos. Granted, that is reimbursed but the check that it is reimbursed into is not one that we touch. So technically we are paying for the breakfast tacos out of our own money.

Here is the mathematical breakdown. $35 per week for breakfast tacos x 50 weeks (a couple of weeks off for vacation, travel, etc.) = $1,750 a year for breakfast tacos for his meetings. Money I cannot count on. Money that goes to his mileage reimbursement check. This will not fly.

He has had two weeks that he has not brought the breakfast tacos. The first one he brought nothing in return. The second one was last week. To make up for it, I made banana muffins. They must have been good because they all went.

This week posed the question again. To purchase breakfast tacos or not purchase them. I immediately voted it down. That is our money that we are talking about and I will not tolerate it anymore. To make up for it I sent E in with two dozen blueberry muffins. When I contacted him, they were gone.

Mathematical breakdown of muffins made by me. $5 per week x 50 weeks = $250 per year. That is a saving of $1,500 that we can use and is not being funneled around.

The company has several choices:

1) Every service member can contribute money to the breakfast taco cause.
2) Give E a company credit card to accomodate for the cost of the breakfast tacos and other things that they ask him to pick up.
3) Don't give him a credit card but be stuck with muffins from the wife du jour.

I will let you know if there is an answer that comes from this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home