Mid life crisis of an Ohio Queen

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year, New Beginnings, New Everything...

Lots of new's this year.

Had a very quiet New Year's Eve. We were invited to a party in South Austin area and after many bad feelings (and I am one of those people that if I have a bad feeling about something I have to follow it as it most likely happens) we chose not to attend. We did go to HEB and pick up some sushi. They have a Sushi Station in the grocery store where they make the sushi fresh in front of you. It is awesome.

So our night was filled with pajamas, sushi and movies. I barely made it to the ball dropping. Once it did, E and I kissed and I fell asleep on the floor. B had crashed in his sleeping bag on the floor a few hours before and I chose to get out my sleeping bag and make it a camp out. I woke up sore from the floor but it was worth it when my little bean was snuggled next to me.

New Years Day was good. After some lazy lounging we went clothes shopping for me. I got some good gift certificates from my mom to Kohl's. Three pants, three sweaters and two skirts later I was done. We hit the clearance racks with a vengance. After we left we went to the park and let B play for a while. On the way home, B fell asleep and stayed asleep until the next morning. Guess he needed the extra sleep. I ended up taking advantage of the evening and made some greeting cards. They turned out well.

Yesterday was a blast. I had The Biggest Loser Marathon to watch on Bravo all day. So I watched that and cleaned the house. Until the Fiesta Bowl came on. Then I was out of the house. Had to let E watch his Buckeyes. I went and got pictures printed (yeah for Randall's and charging $.15 per print with 10 free after 100 pictures printed) and went to the YMCA. I was proud of myself as I lasted 35 minutes on the elliptical machine. That is HUGE for me. I was not sure if I would fall over afterwards or feel really good. I felt really good!! I worked out another half an hour on abs and arms and came home to a winning Buckeyes and an ecstatic husband. Great Fiesta Bowl turnout.

We shall see what the rest of this week will bring.

I have a few things I want to accomplish this year. Here is my short list:

1) To take more time to scrapbook.
2) To get my card business up and going.
3) To plan a great National Eating Disorders Awareness Week event.
4) To get over $2,000,000 in life insurance sales.
5) To win another trip through work.
6) To get our debt cleared up.

But I think part of these are on everyone's lists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home